The process of transferring your blog from either Blogger or WordPress.com to a hosted WordPress site can be a daunting one, but experts tend to agree that the move is an important one to make.
- Less down-time for your blog! The hosting company that your hosting will be set up with guarantees 99.9% uptime.
- No Meltdowns! You will no longer be at the mercy of Blogger for when you will or will not be able to access your blog (so you’ll never have to worry about that screen on the right).
- More options for customizing your blog. With WordPress.org, plugins and theme features, you can make your blog into anything! The options are limitless when it comes to customizing your blog.
Why Use My Service?
- Feel Too Intimidated to Try It On Your Own? Moving to WordPress is a daunting task. Borden Lane Solutions offers to take the pressure of the transfer off of your shoulders.
- Just Don’t Have the Time? Transferring all your blog content, followers, RSS feeds, and blog design over takes a lot of time – especially if the processes are not ones you’re familiar with.
- Don’t Have A Lot of Money to Spend? I’ve done the research and have yet to find a deal as good as this one. Keep reading below for more information on the savings we offer.
- We Want to See You Satisfied. We do what we can to make sure that your blog transfer is done as completely and thoroughly as possible.
- We are in touch with you throughout the transfer process. If you have questions, comments, or inquiries about your transfer, we are available to help via email throughout your transfer.
- We care about your blog. Believe us when we say that we realize how important your blog is – and how stressful the thought of losing any part of it can be! That’s why we take care to do what we can to make sure as much of your blog transfers over as possible.
For those of you who would just prefer the peace of mind and/or ease of having your transfer work done for you, the Blogger to WordPress Transfer Service through Borden Lane Solutions is just what you need!
Why Move NOW?
- The larger your blog grows, the more difficult it is to transfer completely. With large blog transfers, it is not unusual to lose posts and comments in the transfer process.
- You’re looking at one of the most affordable transfer options out there. And, who knows how long we’ll be able to keep it at this price?
What to Expect
Here’s an idea of what will happen once you’ve purchased your transfer:
- You will receive a link to a form to fill out with the information that we need to set up your hosting account.
- We’ll set up your FREE hosting account and email you a few more questions related to your transfer.
- If you already own a domain and want to use it with your new WordPress blog, we’ll change the nameservers on your blog so that we can access it through your new hosting account. This transfer process takes 24-48 to complete all over the web.
- If you don’t have a domain already, you will purchase one at this point and have WordPress installed on it.
- Once your domain is set up with WordPress, we will begin the transfer of your blogger posts and comments.
- We will transfer your design elements, matching your new design as closely as possible to what you had previously.
- We will transfer your RSS feed subscribers.
- Then, depending on your needs, we will set up your old blog (on WordPress.com or Blogger) to automatically redirect visitors to your new blog. We will also put a note on your old blog about the changed domain.
Some Things to be Aware Of
- Depending on the size of your blog (number of posts and comments), the transfer process can take longer to complete.
- With very large blogs, it has been know to happen where Blogger does not fully export all of your posts and comments. There may be some comments and/or posts that are lost during the transfer process. This is due to the temperamental nature of Blogger, unfortunately.