Automattic has just added a brand new feature to the Jetpack plugin: Likes.
Yes, your favorite passive activity when you scan through the internet is now available on self-hosted blogs.
What Are Likes?
Likes allow your readers to show their appreciation for your posts and other published content using their WordPress.com accounts. Your readers will then be able to review their liked posts from WordPress.com.
Displayed below your posts will be how many people have liked your posts and the Gravatars of those who have liked them.
How to Add Likes to Your Blog:
- Install and activate the JetPack plugin (if you are already using JetPack you’ll need to upgrade it to JetPack 2.2)
- Connect JetPack to your wordpress.com account (this may require creating a wordpress.com account.
- Navigate to JetPack in your dashboard’s sidebar
- Locate “Likes” in the list of JetPack features and click activate
- When you get a new like you’ll receive a notification via email, and a notification in your admin bar when you’re logged into your blog: